3 teens detained by Sacramento deputies after stolen Kia chase ends in Roseville

Three juveniles were detained Wednesday afternoon after Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies pursued a stolen Kia from Sacramento County to Roseville, authorities said.

Read more Is your child old enough to travel solo by bus or train? Rules for SacRT, Amtrak and Greyhound

Gang unit deputies spotted a gray Kia with no license plates about 2:45 p.m. near Elkhorn Boulevard and Diablo Drive in the Old Foothill Farms area, said Sgt. Ed Igoe, a spokesperson for the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies attempted a traffic stop, but the Kia fled, prompting a pursuit.

The chase continued east on Interstate 80 into Placer County. After the Kia exited the freeway at Douglas Boulevard in Roseville, deputies deployed a spike strip, Igoe said.

Read more New report offers survivor account from deadly Tahoe boat capsize

The Kia continued through Roseville for about eight minutes and struck other vehicles before deputies used a PIT maneuver to stop the vehicle, Igoe said.

The three occupants, all teens, were detained. Deputies determined the Kia had been reported stolen, according to Igoe.

Read more Tioga Road, Half Dome open as Yosemite National Park expands access for summer

The teens were expected to be booked into Sacramento County Juvenile Hall.

The investigation remained ongoing Wednesday evening, Igoe said.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *